Development and implementation of resource-efficient processes and equipment, organizational and technological actions intended for efficient management of raw materials and energy and for reduction of energy-intensity of metallurgical products is one of the most essential tasks of Azovstal's power engineers.
The following directions should be emphasizes in energy efficiency activity:
- fulfillment of production program using the optimal number of metallurgical and energy units;
- implementation of energy efficient technologies and equipment in repair and maintenance;
- use of new materials and alternative fuels;
- company-wide adoption of control and accounting systems intended for optimization of energy consumption;
- identification of non-rational uses of fuel and energy and development and implementation of corrective actions;
- reduction of specific rates of energy consumption;
- energy-intensity: efficient use of energy.
- automatic commercial and technical accounting system for electricity, natural gas, industrial and drinking water;
- automatic accounting system for sea water flow at pump houses;
- new air separation unit ACU-60 was brought into operation;
- new blast furnace gas pipeline was brought into operation at Thermal Power plant;
- the external energy audit of Azovstal's energy facilities was performed and recommendations for revamping were provided;
- condensate drains were installed on main steam pipelines;
- improvement in heating system at the rotary-hearth kiln No. 1 (Limekiln Shop);
- change in metal heating algorithm at the ladle furnaces No. 1 and No. 2 (BOF Shop);
- introduction of improved system and charging mode of blast furnaces equipped with tray-type charging devices using dialog evaluation systems of burden distribution at the top;
- equipping of BF coke vibration skins with new type screens;
- rational utilization of re-heating furnaces at Rail and Structural Mill in terms of rolling with billet heating in the re-heating furnace No. 3 and No. 4;
- installation of partitions in the bottom soaking zone of re-heating furnaces No. 3 and No. 4 at Plate Mill;
- isolation of longitudinal skid pipes at the furnaces 1-4 and change in burner arrangement at the re-heating furnace No. 3 (Rail and Structural Mill).
PJSC "AZOVSTAL IRON & STEEL WORKS" policy in the field of energy management